Exercise treadmill is a home exercise equipment but used also by cardiologists. It is also well known in the medical circles by many alternative names such as exercise ECG, Stress test – exercise treadmill, EKG – exercise treadmill etc. But before we get onto see the medical relevance of this wonderful simple exercise equipment, let us see what it does to our everyday life and how.
You are hard pressed for time, but you are aware that you are slightly going out of shape. And, your physician has advised you to reduce weight and get back into shape. It is here that the exercise treadmill comes to your rescue. One strong supporting point in its favor is treadmill is among the top calorie burning equipment.
What Does a Treadmill Do To You?
Basically, an exercise treadmill is used for general screening of heart to find out how good its general is and how it responds to stress or exercise. When you walk on the treadmill, physicians collect data like your cardio electrical activity on ECG while monitoring the blood pressure. These data can be interpreted later to find out whether the heart asks for additional oxygen as a reaction.
Stress test on treadmill helps doctors in determining the heart’s ability to withstand exercise. This in turn helps in determining the appropriate level of exercise so that an exercise regime is developed for persons in need. Apart from this, there are various other reasons, such as determine the causes of chest pain, for your doctor to go for stress test.
That apart, a survey conducted by Sporting Goods Manufacturers Association tells that people spend more on treadmills than other exercise/fitness equipments. The basic realities that go in support of exercise treadmill are the unbeatable workout on cardiovascular muscles and high rate of calorie burning. In a joint study, VA Medical Center in Milwaukee and the Medical College of Wisconsin put the calories burnt on treadmill on top of the list of calories burnt by other exercise machines. After a 60 minutes’ workout treadmill burns an average of 865-705 calories.
Benefits of Exercise Treadmill
1. Treadmill lets you exercise indoors avoiding bad weather
2. Adjustable speeds accommodates both running and walking
3. Little or no impact on heels, knee ankles, back and as a result fewer injuries. As a result you can run for years
4. High end treadmills allow adjusting of speeds and inclines so than running or walking uphill/downhill is simulated. They allow pre-programming exercise preferences like speed variations and inclines
Buying an Exercise Treadmill
1. Decide on long time exercise goals. There are different models to suit individual preferences
2. Consider the space availability/constraint at home to choose an apt size
3. Go for a continuous and heavy duty motor which lasts longer than others if the cost difference doesn’t bother you
4. Decide what dimensions of walking track is comfortable for you. Normally 4’x1.5’ suits most. Running may call for longer track than this
5. Check for deck thickness which must be 3/4” to 1” to support both running and walking
Shock absorbs, smoother decks, instrument console warrantee, price and brand can’t be left out while making a decision.
HEALTH MONITORING DEVICE THAT CAN SAVE YOU FROM HEART DISEASES
Introducing VITALS PRO smart health monitoring devices who provides real-time medical grade health vitals and alert users hours before a heart attack cardiac arrest or a stroke. This device is developed by world’s top researchers and cardiologists and provides most accurate heart health insights without compromising user’s lifestyle and daily routine. This company is pioneering the creation of ultra modern and user-friendly wearable health monitoring devices that enable proactive heart care. These are the world’s best health monitoring devices developed by any company for cardiac patients and elderly people who are above 30 years.
This company remains passionate regarding helping cardiac patients and people across the world to enhance their cardiac health by developing medical grade monitors and personal health monitoring devices that can help users through early detection of heart disease, positive recommendations, and clinical grade monitoring.
Nowadays because of increasing heart diseases and high mortality rate, there is a huge requirement for wearable health monitoring devices as well as home health monitoring systems elderly around the world. If you need medical grade heart rate monitor or health monitoring devices for elderly then Vitals Pro is the right choice.